Thursday, March 29, 2007

Why Back Seat Passengers Should Buckle In


"There is some self interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests" ~ Chanakya


Domino finishes adjusting the A/C in her Mom's red Subaru Forester before shifting into reverse to back out of her driveway. She's taking her sister to soccer practice and then she and Choco are going to see Grindhouse at the mall.

"Wow, it sure gets hot in here fast. Are you buckled in back there Thelma?"

"Nah, it's uncomfortable and I don't have to. Back seat passengers don't have to wear belts ya know."

"Yeah, you will too. Buckle up!"

"Nah! No I'm not!"

"Look, Goofball! You're going to buckle up or I'm going to throw you out! If we get in a crash I'm not going to die because your big butt comes hurtling into the back of my neck at 90 feet per second! You have 'til the count of three! One...Two..."

"OK! OK!"

Click.

No comments: